Sunday, September 26, 2010

JRN 420: Location Lighting Assignment

Environmental Portrait
ed_MG_6395
ISO 200, Shutter Speed 1/250, Aperture 10
I have done my environmental portrait in Family Video which located in 317, N. Mission in Mount Pleasant. Kristy Frazier(left) and Kelsey Kingsburg are working as a customer service and both of them are part time workers.

Lighting Setup: I used a main light(with umbrella) put in front of the subject and then a backlight right behind of the subject.

Other
ed_MG_5947
ISO 250, Shutter Speed 1/250, Aperture 9
David Patterson, the store manager of Family Dollar, portrays to me in front of the store in 1719, S. Mission in Mount Pleasant.

Lighting Setup: There was a main light(with umbrella) in the right of my subject and a back light on the left.

Additional photos, people in Mount Pleasant!
ed_MG_6098
ISO 250, Shutter Speed 1/250, Aperture 10
Ivy Chen

ed_MG_6048
ISO 250, Shutter Speed 1/250, Aperture 11
Aastha Bhandari

ed_MG_5951
ISO 250, Shutter Speed 1/250, Aperture 9
Krista and Aaric Fairchild

3 comments:

Ashley Miller said...

The lighting on your additional photos looks beautiful! You chose a very interesting location for your environmental portrait. I would watch, however, the lens you use. It distorted some of your image. Also, the DVDs are hot against the shelves. Great job being creative, Tze Lin!

Kathleen Krueger said...

I like the energy in the first picture. The video boxes flying through the air help frame the girls. I actually like that the image is distorted because it adds to the energy and motion of the picture. The rim light is very nice in this image. I agree with Ashely, that the videos on the shelves are a little too hot. I also agree that this is very creative.

The lighting in your "other" image is nicely done. It bothers me just a little that there is so much sky. I like that the colors are very vibrant.

Ben W. said...

Your photos turned out great, Tze Lin! The first one if definitely my favorite. It has a really awesome energy to it. Well done.