Sunday, October 10, 2010

JRN 420: Fashion Assignment

ed_MG_8404
ISO 100, Shutter Speed 1/250, Aperture 10
Marcus Luke, a CMU senior majoring in Business Law and Economics, had experiences modeling for Abercrombie and Fitch before. I am really glad that I had him as my studio subject. I think it is important to work with an experienced model because he gave me some ideas that I had never thought of.

ed_MG_8714
ISO 125, Shutter Speed 1/250, Aperture 13
Yan Chu is a CMU student from China. We found out that she is more suitable to wear a serious face than a smiling face only on the shooting day itself.

ed_MG_8738
ISO 125, Shutter Speed 1/250, Aperture 10
Jia Liu with a smoky make-up. I hope I can make her pop out from the photo by using a guitar or something else.

ed_MG_8377

ed_MG_8712

ed_MG_8701

Lighting Setup:

for boy
_MG_8347

for girls
lighting setup_2

3 comments:

Ashley Miller said...

Tze Lin, I really enjoyed looking at your work! I liked your third photo the best. They worked well in the urban downtown setting. To improve, I would suggest watching the spots where your light is blown out. For example, on your second image, the light hit the brick wall really harshly. Overall, nice work. Keep it up!

Kathleen Krueger said...

These were very nicely done. I really like how you lit them and the locations were great. They fit your theme well. The models are beautiful and you have really good modeling of light on them.

Kaitlin Thorne said...

Very nice work! I really like the costuming choice on the first image. He looks effortlessly cool. And the setting for your location shoot is great, I actually thought about shooting there myself! Over all very nicely done. :)