Sunday, November 21, 2010

JRN 420: Photo Illustration


Screen shot 2010-11-21 at 10.02.52 PM
ISO 200, Shutter Speed 1/200, Aperture 18

Screen shot 2010-11-21 at 10.02.34 PM
ISO 200, Shutter Speed 1/200, Aperture 18

It's Light!
Diet Coke is also known as Coke Light. It is one of the soft drink productions by The Coca-Cola Company and has been launched into the United States in August, 1982. It is made with artificial sweetener, does not contain carbohydrates and thus is suitable for people on diet or diabetics.

For this photos, I put a main light with a big soft box on the right and a fill light on the left. Then, I set the self timer to 10 seconds so that I had enough time to run back to the position from the camera. Instead of manipulating an image, I chose to create my photo. This is because I am not good in photoshop. There is nothing worse than taking risk on creating a photo which doesn't look real to me or any other viewers. I am quite satisfied with the 'floating' effect here, and I think my face expression helps too!

Lighting Setup:
_MG_2468


3 comments:

Tanya Moutzalias said...

ahh i love the first one ! great idea and execution

Ben W. said...

This is really funny, Tze Lin. I also like the first one the best - your expression is awesome. I really like the lighting, too. It's got a very neutral feel to it. Good job!

Kathleen Krueger said...

I like the one on top. This is a really cool idea. I like that she is going up still and not down based on the hair. The shadow are necessary to show you are in the air but I wish the darker one was a little softer. Amazing timing on this!